Headache is one of the most recurrent of human discomforts. In today’s life headache is a normal feature. Most of the times an annoyance is more of an irritating nuisance than an pointer of a serious problem.
But , in some cases the headache does merit more serious notice as it can be the indicator of some significant problem.
Every person getting recurring headache fears whether he/ she has a migraine. Following features are characteristic of a migraine headache
Clinical features: Throbbing and / or dull ache; nausea or vomiting; worst at the back one eye or ear usually on one side of the head.
Whether they’re pounding and sore or dull and aching, headaches are ordinary in kids.
Headaches can have a wide range of causes and many level of severity. It’s important to appreciate how to recognize when a headache is just a transitory pain and when it’s amazing more and requires medical attention.
There are four types of headache: vascular, muscle contraction (tension), traction, and inflammatory. The most frequent type of vascular headache is migraine.
Migraine headaches are frequently characterized by severe pain on one or both sides of the head, an upset stomach, and, at times, troubled vision.
Women are more probable than men to have migraine headaches.
Causes of Headache
Headaches have a wide variety of causes, ranging from eyestrain to irritation from the sinus cavities to life-threatening situation such as encephalitis, brain cancer, and cerebral aneurysms.
When the headache occurs in conjunction with a head injury the cause is frequently quite evident; however , many causes of headaches are more elusive.
The most frequent kind of headache is a tension headache. Some people experience headaches when they are hungry or dehydrated.
Treatment of Headache
Most headaches are tension headaches, caused by a muscle spasm in the back of the head and neck.
The spasm can be sparked by emotional stress or by holding the head in an unchanging position (for example, while facing a computer screen or driving for hours).
Sometimes the pain can be very strict and felt in the back of the head and encircling the head in a vise-like band.
Home Remedies for Headache
1 . Eat a ripe apple with little salt in morning on an empty stomach incessantly for a week. It is a common remedy for chronic headache.
2 . Boiling fresh ginger or dried ginger powder in water. Inhale it to allay from sinus headache.
3. Lemon is a very beneficial natural remedy for headache caused by heat. Lemon crusts should be crushed into a fine paste in a mortar and applied as plaster on the forehead.
4. Keep your legs in a bucket filled with hot water (with temperature 40°C to 45°C) for 15 minutes every night before sleeping. Continue it for two to three weeks. It is also efficient home remedy for chronic headache.
5. Put 10 drops of eucalyptus oil in boiled water, cover your head with a towel, and inhale the steam. It is also common cure for sinus headache.
6. Prepare a paste by adding little water to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and be relevant it locally. It is proven remedy for sinus headache.
7. Rub the flowers of henna in vinegar and apply it over the brow. It is also very effective home remedy for headache due to heat.